Thursday, March 19, 2009

What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man...

Yes, I love that song. Not only is it a great song, but it was used as the at-bat song by one of my all time favorite baseball players, catcher Dan Wilson. And I thought it was perfect to use it with a hockey player who I love a whole lot, and that is Teemu Selanne. I have had this love for Teemu for a very long time, which actually started when he was with Anaheim the first time and playing on the opposite side with Paulie Kariya. I still loved him even when he went to San Jose then had a brain cramp and went to the dastardly Avs for a season. I just wish he got as much press as other players because he deserves. Unfortunately since he's not only not played in Canada, but played pretty much his whole career on the West coast, the writers are all asleep before he even steps on the ice.

With his game-winning goal in OT last night, he not only passed Mike Bossy for 18th all-time in goals, but it was point 1200. He's also only the sixth European-born player to reach that plateau along with Jaromir Jagr, Stan Mikita, Jari Kurri, Mats Sundin and Peter Stastny; which is pretty great and fast company.

Anyway, I just wanted to give some love to my favorite Finn and hope Les Canards can somehow make a miracle to get to the playoffs because my favorite Finn may not have too many more chances. But until that time comes when he hangs up the blades, I'm going to be behind him all the way. Oh, and it helps that he's sweet, a former kindergarten teacher and sexy as hell!






No comments: