Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nucks, Ducks, and baby pucks...

It's pretty chilly up here in the NW corner of the country too; and yeah, I'm pretty damn sick of it too. We're not built for extremes in weather... we don't do well with temps over 80 and under 40, simply because for the most part it's not normal.

Anyway, yes I did watch the Vancouver-Anaheim game; and yes, they usually are hard for me because I love them both, though the Nucks will always come first. But if I had to watch them play each other, at least it was worth all the strife because it was a great game.

Anaheim scored the first two goals, one at the end of the first then the other in the first half of the second; then Les Canards came storming back with two within a minute of each other. Then in the third, after the Ducks got ahead again, the Canucks scored with five minutes to go; so off to OT they went and who should score the winning goal, but the captain Scottie Niedermayer. For me, this was a fine finish because not only did team #1 get a point to stay in 5th, but team #2 got two points; and now they're only a point out of 8th and 4 out of 6th.

And I really hope that the Ducks can get their collective shit together and get to the playoffs, because after not making it out of the 1st round last season as part of whatever post Cup curse seems to plague teams, they really need this. They need it not only for veterans like Scottie, Bret Hedican and Teemu; but for the younger guys like Bobby Ryan. I have fallen so much in love with Bob this season... he's got the face of an angel on the body of a football player; as well as the distinction of being the 2nd pick after Sid in the '05 draft. He didn't make the big splash that Steve did right away; but after some time back and forth from the A, he's coming into his own and is leading all rookies in goals and is only three points behind the overall rookie leader. Needless to say, I'm so very proud of him, and if he gets screwed out of a Calder nomination like PMueller did last season, I will be most displeased.

But closer to home, I've been slacking on reporting on my baby boys; or maybe it's just been that there hasn't been a lot to report about. They've lost 3 of 4 this month; and even though they have gotten a few of the wounded back, there are still a couple of boys who are still nursing injuries. Hopefully they'll be back by next weekend when they start the playoffs in TriCities. I wish I had more to say other than I can't believe that the season is almost over.

To close this entry, I want to share my boys with you... this is a video from the Everett Herald that they put together at the beginning of the season. Funny thing about it is that some of the boys aren't even with us anymore due to trades or other things, but it's still really cute. I love my boys.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

a customer told me a cute Bobby Ryan story - apparently his dad wasn't available for the Dad's trip, so he hung out with Dean and Drew Miller. <3

TheNWChica said...

That is just too much cute for me! I love it!