Friday, March 13, 2009

Wait.... what?

I really want to send a letter to the NHL and ask them what is the method of logic that they employ when they set up the schedule for each season. I mean, why is it that there are two games on one night, then the next two will have 11-12 games? I realize that there are folks that only root for one team, and I'm weird (shaddup!), but my thumb gets a cramp when I have to go back and forth between channels. Most Friday nights it's not an issue since I'm at the arena for games with my baby boys; but tonight I'm home and I'll need something to watch before I listen to them on the radio.

At least tonight there is a late game: and that is another thing that irritates me. What I mean by that is a lot of nights there are a bunch of games, which is great; but they all start before 6p Pacific, which is where I happen to reside. What this means is that being out here in Hooterville, if there are no late games, I have find something to watch on cable or something after 8pm. I mean, hello? There are 8 teams in the Pacific/Mountain time zones... can we not have ALL of them either off that night or all on the East coast at the same time??? Besides the fact, when they're on early, I miss at least the first period because I work for a living and don't even get home until 5; and that is not counting the days I have to go to the grocery store or have other errands to do.

Anyway... Tips are headed over the border for an evening at the PNE with the Giants, and hopefully they'll come back with some fuel in the tank for the last game at home tomorrow and the last one on Sunday down in Kent with the T-birds. Looks like we'll have everyone back tonight but one player, and he got to go back on the ice yesterday which is wonderful news. He's been off for about 3 weeks after getting an elbow to the head... fucking TriCities bitch! Grrrr!

I'm sure we'll have something good for the last few weeks of the season, especially with the emergence of a couple of teams that either have never made the playoffs or haven't since most of their roster has been alive. Stay tuned! Have a good one youse guys!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment at my Daily Su blog! I am going to add your blog to my page. I love the way you write.

Thanks for liking the Love blogs. He's been doing a great job this season.
I've also interviewed several Silvertips: Kellan Tochkin, Shane Harper, Cameron Abney. Those interviews are posted at my work website: www.king5.com/sports/hockey
I just interviewed Taylor Ellington and Dan Iwanski. I'll be posting those tomorrow.

Are you going to the game tomorrow (Saturday) night at Comcast Arena? I'm going, but by myself. I don't even know where I'm sitting. I have to go pick up my ticket (I bought it online).

Anyway, I'd better stop for now.
I haven't been to SnoopyJode's place in a while. I need to check in and see what she's compiled on our boy Sid.

Take care,
Su

TheNWChica said...

Thanks Su! We'll get you on our list too, even if you are a T-Birds fan. ;)

Lover is a really funny guy, and I remember that game where you were singing too! And yeah, I'll be there tomorrow night. What is your seat number? I can help you find the way. I'm in section 118, which is the one behind the bench.

Jodie's place is great. She and the Roaming Penguin mama have created a separate site for the boys. In fact I have three boys with Max, Brooksie and Gronk; and my sidekick here Lisa also has two Penguins, Hal and Dupuis. Whooo! ;)

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and letting us know you like our place. We'll be over to see you too; and maybe you and I will run in to each other at the Cable Box!

Unknown said...

Hi!

I know I post more about the T-Birds, but I go to more T-Birds games. I've done several interviews with Silvertips players and wish I could have gone to more games up in Everett. Tonight will be my 4th game. The last game I went to was the Vancouver game.

That's great about the Roaming Penguins! I have 2 right now, Sid and Mario, but want to add to my brood. I'd like Orpik, Letang and Talbot. *sigh*

For tonight's game, I'm in Section 108.
do you do anything before the game? Maybe we can grab a bite or something? Hey, maybe we could even bring some of our "boys" LOL
Here's my direct email address: motleysu@gmail.com