Friday, March 27, 2009

Despite the rumors....

I am not: dead (clearly); stuck under something heavy (Ryan's skinny after all); giving up the blog for good (again, clearly). Life around these parts has been very busy and honestly, I don't see it changing a whole lot in the next few days. Arg!

But some puck news to talk about:
Bluejackets - ok, dare I say it but this a legit playoff team. They dismantled the Flames last night and I'm not just saying that because the score was 5-0. From the probable rookie of the year on out, everyone had a strong game. They won face-offs, they took the body, they intercepted passes while making crisp passes themselves.... I think the score could have been 1-0; they were just that good.

Sabres - the beloved Crunchy Miller is back in net tonight after a month long absence. He's saying the right things like "I'm not the savior here". Ryan, I just hope you are back in time so your boys in blue aren't sitting out the playoffs again this year (yeah, see that, I did it. He is the savior; even if he doesn't get the support he needs).

Penguins - the flightless birds are in an odd spot. One point up they are in 5th, two points down, they are in 8th. They just need to keep winning.

Lord help me, but I'm rooting for the Blues to make it back into the playoffs. They have been a hard working team all year and they've had some wretched injuries.

I just checked my basketball bracket. I was in last place (out of ten) as recently as yesterday morning; now I'm tied for 2nd. Go fig.

The Frozen Four starts tonight. Read an interesting tidbit over at Puck Daddy that this is the first time since 1968 that neither Boston College, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota or Colorado College are in the tournament. That's a lot of big names out.

I can't decide who to pull for: Denver is a sentimental favorite that has nothing to do with the school and the rest of my family would appreciate some love to Michigan (then again, you gotta feel for Steve Kampfer - this kid has been in some shit situations that are not of his doing this year). Maybe I'll just root on Bemidji ..oh wait,they are playing Notre Dame; forget it. I'll think of someone!

That's all I have time for today - but stay tuned. You never know when I might show up next!

2 comments:

TheNWChica said...

Being stuck under Crunchy would not be a bad thing. ;)

And did you see the tussle between Bert and Rusty last night in the CBJ game? Go Team Czech! Whoooo!

Lisa said...

Mmmmm, he's playing tonight!!! *supercited*

I didn't see it but I have the game dvr'd so I'll look for it. Go Get 'Em Rusty! MROW!