Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Patty Party!

Happy St. Patty's to everyone! I'm not Irish or Catholic, but since my baby boys' color is green, I have collected a few green clothes and that just happens to be what I pulled out of the closet this morning.

And speaking of the Tips, I'm still a little mad at them, but I had to mention some good news coming from Hewitt Avenue yesterday afternoon. My good pal Taylor Ellington, who was drafted #33 in 2007 by the Canucks, signed his entry level contract yesterday. Whoooooooooooo!

He's had such a great season and worked so hard. He doubled his point total, doled out so many hard and good hits; and he also won part of the team MVP award. I'm so proud of him... and hopefully I'll get to give him a big bear hug tonight at Sporty's as he and Graham Potuer are going to be doing the weekly radio show.



Also, I thought it would be fun to see just how many boys named Patrick there are in the NHL, and I think I found a few good ones who are not only Patrick, but Patrik and Patrice.

Patrice Bergeron of the Bruins...


Patrick Kaleta and Lalime as well as assistant coach James Patrick from the Sabres...


Patrick Eaves who plays with the Canes...


Patrick Kane and Sharp of the Blackhawks...


A good Irish boy with the Oilers, Patty O'Sullivan...


Another French Patrick, Patrice Brisebois who is back with the Habs...


A Czech Patty, Patrik Elias...


PattyMarleau, captain of the Sharkies...


Swedish sweetie Patrik Berglund...


and of course the great Patty Roy...


Have a good day and don't drink too much beer... it makes the puck go all wonky on tv. :)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

and then there is Slugs assistant to Lindy, James Patrick too :)

TheNWChica said...

Oh yeah... he's a looker. Fixed! :)

Lisa said...

YAY! (and I changed my name now to avoid further confusion)

TheNWChica said...

Whooooooooooooooo!

Unknown said...

I just want to say that I am a BIG FAN of your Patty Party.
THANK YOU for being such great PATTY PARTY organizers!!! :)

By the way, Mitch says his surgery went well and he expects to play this weekend.
What a tough guy!!

Unknown said...

Patty Marleau... former T-Bird! :)

TheNWChica said...

Why thank you Su! I thought we should introduce some pic spam to the show and it was a perfect day to do so. :)

Thank you too for the update on Lover. Tell him we send hugs and get well wishes. He's such a great guy... it's why we still cheer LOVE during O Canada! ;)

and yes... I remember when Mr. Marleau was a T-Bird. I wish I had been more into junior hockey at that time... maybe I would have had a chance to know him like I do some of the Tips boys.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way.
I started covering the Tips and TBirds after the season had already started. But I'm trying to make up for lost time.
I think my game recaps need work, but in order to get better, I just need to go to MORE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!