Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Video killed the radio star...

Well, it appears that I'm going to be updating here in the evening, since lately at work I've had to actually do, you know, WORK! lol So anyone in the time zones to the right of mine will get to see this when they get up in the morning. Don't all clap at once! *crickets*

Anyway, tonight was the first of two year end parties for the Silvertips with the first at Sporty's. It was nice to see as many boys able to make as did including my good pal Dale Hunt. He's such a great boy; I don't think we had a rotten one in the bunch this year, but I got to know him a little bit more than most of the others this season and I'm glad that PG let him go so we could have him. And the best thing is that he was only 18 at the beginning of the season so he'll be back this next season and hopefully so will everyone else other than the 3 overagers.

And now... on to the videos for today!

First is a clip from a Pittsburgh TV station about the Skates and Plates dinner that I would have loved to be at last night. Ah... hockey boys in tuxes serving me food! Sounds good to me!

Next is an interview with Christian Hanson from the fine folks at ESPN... the son of Dave Hanson, aka one of the Hanson brothers from Slap Shot, has been signed by the Leafs. He's adorable and I love how his dad still sports the same hair as he did in the movie.

And last but, not least is a goodie from Youtube by way of the Windsor Spitfires, who are not only #1 in the Ontario Hockey League, but they are also #2 in the entire Canadian Hockey League. It appears that they're relaxed and ready to take on Plymouth in the second round as is apparent in this video. Man it's funny, and I could so see my boys doing this too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Well those bastards making you WORK!! :P I'll try to get around to posting something today about meaningful games in April!

TheNWChica said...

Whooo! Post! Post! Post! ;)