Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Theories blown to hell

I used to have this theory that teams played better in front of their back up goalie. Well either my theory doesn't count for the backup's backup or it's just flat out wrong. Thanks to the Sabres for proving me wrong in any event. What the frack was THAT last night? But you know what I won't do? I won't bail on them. That really irritates me. The "Oh woe is me my team sucks" stuff is for the birds (and Thrashers fans). I may not like them right now but I do love them. (but those two points they could have had last night might come back to bite them in a few weeks).

Pittsburgh did another happy dance last night - wow, that number 71 can play some pucks no? I only caught the middle to the end of the game (I have it dvr'd so I can watch this weekend) but his two goals were something else. There was an article about 'why people hate Sid' over at Kuklas Korner and one of the comments said something about Geno not playing defense and just looking for points. Ya know? Call me a fool, but I think I'm ok with that.

*points to Philly and laughs* Sorry, had to get that off my chest. The Wings won again and I'm pleased.

I'm not going to mention the goalie happenings from last night. I'm sure that will be covered to DEATH. But it's a very nice accomplishment. I wonder who will be next?

Florida, Colorado, and the Sharks....all losers last night. Not even the extra gimmie we made it to OT point. And because most every team played last night, it's a light schedule tonight. Which is good, because once again, I'm gonna be gone. And my dvr is filling up.

Ok, that's enough stalling on the day. Until next time!

6 comments:

Sooska1 said...

Chica, I didn't see the comments on KK in the Sid hater article (read the article though) but I do have 2 comments on the comment that you described. Geno doesn't play D? That is ridiculous. He does, at both ends. He is getting to be a complete player (attention AO - forecheck and backcheck.) He throws his body around and is learning to check and hit effectively, and I think HCMT taught him that. Also, not one of these Sid-hater articles ever mentions the fact that he never asked to be anointed the face of the NHL. He was a great player who played and and cooperated and complied with what was asked of him .It is his own fault I guess that people hate him, like he should change his personality to suit a bunch of douches.

My favorite moment of the game was in the 3rd (about half way thru) the 2 D break-away when Eaton jumped out of the box and headed up with Sarge. enjoy.

Also, I felt so bad for the Moose. We loved him when he was a Penguin and still do.

Lisa said...

Sooska,
I'm not a believer that Geno doesn't play both ends. The comment was "Sid gets the game. Watch him at the end of a period or when the other team has pressure. he does the right thing. He goes low to help the D, he chips the puck out, he tries to block the shot. For pure entertainment value, Ovechkin and Malkin are all flash, skating around in search of the puck, without any regard to position. Like an old coach told me “they confuse motion with progress”"

I meant it more of that I'm happy Malkin's a scoring machine and he can, if he chooses, to slip on D. :) I think he's a fine two way player.

Sid: while I feel for the kid, I really can't imagine what life must be like for him. So much pressure and expectations on him (and Bob and Steggy were talking about it's hard to believe he's been in the league for 4 years now.). I mean from what it looks like, he never says no to anything league wise and seems to do a whole lot for the community and such all the while being leaned on to hold up a franchise (which I'm glad that's waning at least). I get that we all have players that we don't like in the league, but it's venom toward Crosby that I just don't get. *shrug*

I did see Eaton's goal. That was just lovely! :D

TheNWChica said...

EH!? What about those Canucks?

Carroll said...

Chica are you having an identity crisis? The NWChica and MittenChica.

Thanks for posting the KK article. I don't read KK and I did this time. Interesting article and some of the comments were hilarious.

Lisa said...

Carroll, sorry for the confusion - Amy is NWChica and Lisa is MittenChica :) However, I might change it again because it does seem a little confusing around here :D

Unknown said...

I sense a "Chica" club in the works here....