Monday, February 23, 2009

Have another donut, you fat pig!

Lisa is in a training class all day so I am flying solo here today at CaP.

Well, the dirty dirty Rangers have finally canned Tom Renney and one of his assistant coaches. I'm not shocked about it, just that it took this long for them to do it. Over at TSN, they say that John Tortorella could likely take over as the new coach and the New York Post is speculating that Jim Schoenfeld, who works in the Rangers' front office, could be the choice. Personally either would be quite funny to watch up there going head to head with Glen Sather. I love Slats, but you don't fuck with him.

Penguins lost to the Craps yesterday and I don't know why Bylsma started Fleury. He was kind of shaky against Philly the day before and as much as the media blow Richards, Carter and company, they're nothing compared to the firepower of Ovie, Semin and Feds. I do have to say that it was interesting and quite refreshing to see Bing get in Ovie's face; because as much as I love him, Mr. Crosby is way too wooden for his own good sometimes.

Only one NHL game tonight and not only is it an early game, but it's on Versucks. Meh... hopefully there is something on.

But before I sign off for today... there is a nice article over at the AHL site about one of my former Tips boys, Leland Irving, who plays with the QuadCity Flames. He is second among all AHL rookies with a 2.35 GAA, he's a sweet kid from a wonderful family and I know he's gonna make it to the Show some day.

Hopefully y'all get through the day!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm on a break (and trying to stay awake) so I can pop in for support. I'd point and laugh at the Ranger$ but since the Guins have already fired a coach.....

Poor Bing.

Sooska1 said...

ha! love the Schoenfeld reference!! what fun! Looks like Tortorella is the man though.

I saw IHCDB on our local SportsBeat tonight with Stan Savran. DB was relaxed, open, smiling, energetic and positive and clearly loving this chance. He is low key on the surface, but has a detectable tension and energy underlying that calm exterior. No purple tie-just a Pens warm up jacket. I hope the guys come through for him.

TheNWChica said...

Lisa.... I still laugh at the dirty Rangers anyway. :)

TheNWChica said...

Thanks Sooska... you know how hold someone is if they get that! ;)

Yay for IHCDB... he's yummy. lol