Wednesday, February 18, 2009

one day off, one day on, one day off....

Hopefully Amy is feeling better and back at work today because I'm home. A combination of too little sleep, too much stress, and fighting off the drek for too long has finally caught up with me. So home I sit.

Buffalo won a nice game last night. I missed the first part (hurrah for DVR) but hear that Ryan Miller kept them in it at the start. I'm not shy about admitting how much I've grown to adore him (this is a man who in his blog said Besides, this a blog written by a professional athlete and I don't want to undermine the stereotype that we are all dumb jocks... We worked hard for that stigma so that when people underestimate our intelligence we can make them look really stupid. It is one of the perks... That and naps. We nap a lot. Nap are a big perk. This after saying he'd like to keep politics out of his blog. The fact that he even is AWARE there is a political landscape out there is big. It's also no secret that smart guys are instantly more attractive/interesting to me anyway). I'll have to watch that today and see how well he really did. That and the puck seems to keep finding Stafford. I'm all for that!

Interesting news out of Montreal. When you tell the player who has been one of your top scorers to stay home on your roadtrip without him being injured, that's a big sign of trouble. Calling him ineffective to the press just tosses a whole can of lighter fluid onto the fire. Gotta think he's not long for Montreal. I bet I could think of some takers. Also in the Habs world - the players are partying too much. Like this is a shock to anyone? Find me some young men who make lots of money who don't party (other than Sidney Crosby I mean)? There is a big deal about seeing Carey Price smoking....wasn't there a photo of Kiprusoff chain smoking with some ladies of .... lets just say, most likely, "negotiable affection" a few years back? Chalk that up to saying boys will be boys.

The kitties are at it again. Playing the devils and coming out with two points is big - bigger when the devils don't get any. Nicely played.

Going to dip into the west pool again and talk about two guys. First up, John-Michael Liles. Seems that he's got some sort of hand/wrist injury that will keep him out for the next few days. Man the hits just keep coming for that team. Hopefully he'll be back before we know it.

PattyMarleau (you just gotta say that in a sing song voice PaaaatyMARleau) is on fire. This pleases me a lot. Seeing him damn near broken and talk of trade rumors and hearing how he wasn't a good captain really ..well, hurt. I like Patty a whole bunch and think there are 29 other teams out there who wouldn't drool for a chance to have him on their roster. I'm sorta rooting for them to win it all this year just so I can hear The Count say "Patrick Marleau, come get the Stanley Cup" and know that somewhere Ron Wilson is seething.

Mike Green won't give his record setting stick to the Hall of Fame. A douchebag move? Color me shocked. Reason number 9,862,621 to dislike the Craps? Boudreau, who appeared as an extra in “Slap Shot,” was happy to learn that a studio is planning a remake of the 1977 classic hockey movie. Sorry Bruce, you don't remake that sort of movie. Tool.

Oh one more thing:

8 comments:

TheNWChica said...

Craps suck!

Yay Kitties and Patty and JM!

I love Pearls.

Feel better yo!

Sooska1 said...

feel better chica. ah Mike Green. Who does he think he is? stay classy Craps

Lisa said...

Amy, I am feeling better thanks :) *smooch*

Lisa said...

Sooska, looks like Mike had a change of mind - yahoo says, "Mike Green has changed his mind. The Hockey Hall of Fame can have his record-breaking stick."

Like when is he ever gonna be in the HOF otherwise? Stay classy indeed.

Anonymous said...

*le sigh* Is it bad that I hope JM is out past March 4th? That way maybe the trade rumors will stop?

No one can has my JM!

TheNWChica said...

I don't know....Lisa might arm-wrestle you for him. ;)

Lisa said...

Amy we've created a Liles share program. As long as I share Crunchy, I get me some Johnny lovin' :D

Lisa said...

I can see him in a few teams Megan.....he might look good in red ;)