Friday, February 27, 2009

random musings from the resistance

I have a car payment that is just a little less than $250 a month. I like my car, so I will continue to pay it. However, if I lived in the greater Tampa area, I could have season tickets to the Lightening for less than that. Tickets for an ENTIRE SEASON. Color me dumbfounded. I mean good for them citing the national economic spiral, but then again, would you wanna pay to see the 'Ning to play all their home games? Also, if you pay it off before some time in March, you get 3% of your cost back in "Forum dollars" for food and drink. I kid mostly about them being a bad team, and really kudos to ownership realizing that when you put a less than stellar team on the ice, you best lure folks to seats any way you can. This is definitely one way. More information about this can be found here.

Buffalo put up a damn fine fight last night in front of a sickly goal tender. Patty Lala was sick and he still played a heck of a game. Too bad they only walked away with a point.

Big win by the Kitties, BJackets, and Boston last night, but I really think teams in the East should keep an eye on East Rutherford. Marty is back and in apparently top form (granted, they beat up a Colorado team which is akin to kicking a kitten after you pull it's whiskers, but I digress). Not to mention they didn't collapse when he went out way the heck back in the beginning of the season. They are gonna bring a lot to the playoff race.

The Guins made a trade yesterday but I think Amy was gonna write that up so I'll be nice and not steal her thunder.

Just a few more days until the trade deadline. Do I remember this wrong, but wasn't last years deadline in February? Personally, I think it should be around the middle of January. But then again, I think each team should have to put a defenseman in the top three of a shootout.

Happily this month will end tomorrow and hopefully Spring will soon be on our minds instead of snow and ice. Hey, don't mock....a girl can dream!

1 comment:

TheNWChica said...

If you want to talk about the trade, take it! :) You're that much more objective on it than I am.