Monday, February 16, 2009

Greetings from the West!

It's sort of fun to be 3 hours behind Lisa because then I get to see what she has to say and either refute it or say "Rock on!"

The Pens start their new era this morning; and I'm going to have to follow the game via scoreboard since I'm part of the private sector and not able to watch it on TV. I don't know if Bylsma is going to get any better results than HCMT, but hey, it's worth a shot right? Besides, he's kind of hot and he used to be a Duck.

Speaking of Les Canards, what in the fuck was going on with Jiggy last night? I realize that Ilya is a great player, but Jesus....it's the Thrashers! Even with Teemu and some noob getting 3 points each it wasn't enough. I'm worried that if Jiggy doesn't get his shit together or whoever the hell is the GM today doesn't get another goalie, I don't see them getting out of the first round.

Some boys that may just get to round 2 are the Canucks. They've been on fire of late and had a great game against a Habs team that has been having just the opposite luck. The Sundin-Kesler-Demitra line has been crazy sauce, and they, along with the Sedin-Sedin-Burrows line might just be the answer for what ailed them during that horrific slump. They just need to keep this up since Mr. Playoffs aka my hockey husband will not be there for game 7 heroics this season.

I will hopefully get some news from the Major junior leagues tomorrow, especially my boys the Everett Silvertips.

And with the games that Misters Kovalchuk and Ovechkin had last night along with Malkin and some of their comrades, how fucking scary is Team Russia going to be next year in Vancouver??? Yikes!

Oh, and thank you NHL for scheduling a late game on a Monday... it may not be that big of a deal for anyone east of the Rockies, but for someone who doesn't watch a lot of network TV and basketball is on their All Star break, we need something to watch after 8pm! Even then, Mondays are usually crappy. I just don't get it. Why is it that some nights are 10 games and some are two; and then, of those 10, there are 3 that I want to watch and they're inevitably on Wednesday which is always a Tips game night. Bah!

I'm sure I had more to say, but the cold meds are making me all fuzzy. *grins*

Have a good day off if you are fortunate enough to have it off; and a good Monday to the rest of ya.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

HCMT?

TheNWChica said...

Head Coach Michel Therrien

Lisa said...

Ahhhh ok :)

Sooska1 said...

Hello from Pittsburgh. Lisa- you learned about HCMT too late. We Burghers still have HCMT2 which will now be just HCMT, I guess. That'd be Steeler Head Coach Mike Tomlin. I liked 2 better. The coaching change? I am ambivalent. The players don't have a lot of time to buy in. Not sure an unseasoned coach (pass the salt) will do. I am not holding my breath. just waiting.

BTW local news interviews have Therrien "shocked" and "never saw it coming." Local "pundits" and fans are nearly unanimous in saying Shero panicked and knee-jerked on the loss to the Leafs. Sid said in his flu damaged voice that this makes them all look in the mirror. He and Geno have nothing negative to reflect about I think. (sorry)

Lisa said...

Sooska, I agree with your comment on Sid and Geno. To me (and my very untrained eye) it's a player problem - in that the players (and their skill sets) that left were not replaced.

Sooska1 said...

I forgot to tell you Good Luck with your blog! I love that there are so many hockey blogs by women!