Tuesday, February 17, 2009

*insert witty title here*

Well... Lisa is back to work and I am not at work due to the fun-ness that is having a cold/flu/whatever strain is rampant here in Hooterville this week. Meh.

Because of being under the weather, I missed a great end to the Kings-Thrashers game last night. I turned it off with about 2 minutes to go thinking that it was over. Well, Anze Kopitar decided that it was not, and they went to OT then the shootout, and at least got a point.

Now, as a fan of two other Pacific division teams, I should not be rooting for the Kings, and I'm not really... I'm just tired of seeing them in last. That and I have a little place in my heart for Jack Johnson and Patty O'Sullivan. Having followed them with Team USA U-20 and now to the big show, I think they are poised to be a big part of USA Hockey next year in Vancouver and beyond. Well, that is if JMFJ can avoid being hurt at for the rest of this season and into next.

Funny moment of the night was during the Sens-Preds game on TSN when the camera panned to the suite where Carrie Underwood was; and when she saw she was on TV, she immediately disappeared like she has fallen into a rabbit hole. Hey Carrie? It's not like you there wearing a pink #12 Sens jersey shaking your moneymaker for the crowd. *paging Jessica Simpson*

And now for a little something different...

Major junior hockey is a very important part of my life, and I am hoping to be able to bring you just a little taste of it here; especially since a good portion of the guys who play in the NHL have also spent some time playing for a team in the Canadian Hockey League.

There are three separate leagues under the umbrella of the CHL: The QMJHL, the OHL and the WHL; and my focus is for the most part on the Dub and the Everett Silvertips. They've only been in the league for 5 seasons, this being the 6th; and we've already had 8 boys drafted and one is already playing full time. You might have heard of Peter Mueller? He's a great kid and doing really well so far in his sophomore season.

It's been a crazy sort of season for my boys this year... lots of attrition due to graduation and others leaving have more than half of the squad being rookies and very young. But, even with all of the negatives, they've held their own and are sporting a 2 games under .500 record and clinging on to the 7th spot in the conference. I just hope they don't let Portland catch up and have to play the Vancouver Giants in the playoffs. That would not be fun times at all. :)

I really don't have any actual structure for what I will post each week about the baby boys or even how many times a week, so if you have thoughts on what you'd like to see, please let us know. I'll even post pictures of any boys from your draftees if I have any since I sit right behind the Tips bench at home.

So, to close today's ramblings, I'll leave you with a picture of this week's former CHL Hottie of the week. As much as I still wanna punch him in the nards for giving PMueller a concussion a couple of years ago, there's nothing more that I want to than make him happy he's a man. I give you former assistant captain of the Vancouver Giants. captain of Team Canada for the U-20 Super Series and MVP of the 2007 Memorial Cup... Boston Bruin sophomore Milan Lucic!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

why hello there Milan....