Thursday, February 19, 2009

How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm....

I really don't have a lot to say about the big boys since I wasn't home to watch any games last night; but I did catch the post game show of the Tips game and I heard about a great fight that one of the younger guys had. Cameron Abney is a kid who will hopefully be able to score a few goals in the future, but he's beginning to carve a niche out for himself as a fighter. He's doing okay so far, but he's still got to fill out a little so he doesn't hurt himself; 6'5" and a little less than 200 does not a good balance make. However, he's not 18 for a few more months, so by the time he's 20, I have a feeling he's going to be a bruiser... I've met his very large father. :)

Anyway, here's a clip of the very short tussle Cam had with Taylor Jordan of the Portland Winterhawks. It's not great quality, but it's not bad.



And I also wanted to share a video courtesy of the fine folks at WHL.ca about my baby boys and how the franchise has grown in 5 1/2 years. My favorite part, besides our goal horn is at about 2:00 with one of my favorite boys who is also a baby Canuck, Taylor Ellington.

So, enjoy a bit of the boys and I'll have more after hopefully a successful weekend both on the road Friday and back home Saturday.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

6.5 and under 200? Talk about a string bean! :)

TheNWChica said...

He is very slender but pretty strong. I think he needs to eat steaks and lift tires over the summer. :)