Sunday, February 22, 2009

File this under "Trouble, huge"

I did not see the game last night (but I better have it on my DVR) so I can't comment on what happened to Ryan Miller. Turns out, I don't have to. The awesomeness that is The Goose's Roost did it for me with more eloquence than I could muster without seeing the game and it being pretty early in the morning. They do a great job covering the Buffalo sports scene and they are one my 'read daily' places on the net.

I also missed the Penguins game yesterday (see above about the DVR) so I missed Bing's two goal game and general good times over beating the Flyers. Today, another early game against the Craps. The Guins are now very very close to sniffing at 8th and sadly, with the Miller Situation, that looks a lot more reachable than it did 24 hours ago.

I missed hockey because I was with family and friends hanging out and laughing my self sore. Don't get me wrong, I love hockey and would have been here otherwise with my rump on the couch knitting and watching the games. But sometimes, you do need to recharge and hang out with people who really get you. That's what I'm doing again today and honestly, that's what DVRs are for (plus I get to fast forward through the annoying intermissions with Pierre and Milbury on NBC).

1 comment:

TheNWChica said...

Sorry about Crunchy.... that really bites. If it's like Bing's last year, he'll be out for about 6-8 weeks. :(

But yay for having a good day with the familia.

And you will quite enjoy the Pens game.