Monday, June 1, 2009

why post when this says it all?

In my daily blog-a-thon, I came across an article on one of my favorite blogs (mainly about Buffalo sports, the Red Sox [which I can forgive them for], and other things on life in general.) and found this gem:

The Goose's Roost: Big Clouds

Ryan always does a great job and I think you should go read it.

Wow. I admit I missed the last say ten minutes of the game last night because Max was being a pill. Malkin was ejected and the league over ruled the suspension. I have many many friends who are Pens fans, but if I ever hear how the Wings get special treatment again, I'm pointing to this very incident. How can that NOT be message sending? Way to go NHL. Proving once again that rules don't apply to your superstars (cross reference: Ovechkin, Alexander and hits, knee on knee).

The Brett Hull GM experiment in Dallas is over. I'd laugh but it's really not all that funny anymore. Joe Nieuwendyk is now in place in yet another attempt to give the South Stars some sort of credibility. Good for Joe as I've always liked him and thought he had a pretty strong hockey mind. I don't think he's the next Bob Gainey but maybe he'll surprise me.

Watching games on NBC this weekend makes me wonder why the NHL even bothers with 'em. Versus isn't pretty but they at least LIKE hockey. There is the potential for only two more games in this hockey season and that makes me sorta sad.

It's gonna be a long summer.

No comments: