Friday, June 12, 2009

Game 7

Not being a hockey player (or anything close to being an athlete) I don't think I can really understand what the Wings and Pens are thinking this morning. Did they sleep last night or just imagine what tonight will be like? I think at one point or another we've all wanted something so badly we could almost taste it, but I doubt many of us have dreamed of a situation like the players grew up dreaming about. I mean come on, we've all heard the players talk about when they were kids, pretending to skate with the cup after winning it in OT of game 7... tonight it's for real.

I'm playing Switzerland about the game (which is sorta surprising as my Michigan heritage puts cheering on the Wings in my DNA but many of my friends have tried to convert me to the Black and Gold and hell if it's not working) but Friend of Chuckers Su posted this little gem of a video and I thought I'd post it here. Say what you will about the content, it's a nice bit of editing.



Now on to other hockey news (wait, there is some?):

Along with the LOLZ of Heatley wanting out of Ottawa, it seems that the Flyers have a new goalie.

As Amy pointed out elsewhere, "BTW, Jeff Carter? Nice outfit, douchebag." I'm all on board with her commentary. This reminds me of the NHL awards show several years ago when Brad Richards didn't wear a tie to the event. Seriously, is your life so hard that you can't slap a piece of silk around your throat? So back to Carter, is your summer vacation so thrilling, you can't find a suit for a presser? Stay classy.

I think once the game is done (thus ending the season once again, but the good news is that all teams will be on equal ground come fall), we'll take on the NHL awards and maybe the draft (though admittedly Amy knows more about the junior kids that I do). After those two events it's Free Agency Free For All (aka July 1). There are some pretty big movers out there - where will they land?

Disappointing news on the reading front. Our bookmobile broke down so I was not able to pick up Searching for Bobby Orr as planned. Hopefully next week.

Until next time, happy hockey and game the hell on!