Monday, June 29, 2009

It is another beautiful day in Zamunda...

So it's Monday again and I'm not too thrilled about it; other than Lisa and I are only working three days this week because I am heading east for the holiday weekend. Yes, it's true, we'll be blogging from the same time zone for the weekend; and I have a feeling we might need bail money at least once. Woot!

Just gonna be a quick update today since the real world is taking precedence this morning.

USA Hockey has announced the assistants for Vancouver and they are John Tortorella, formerly coach of the Rangers and Scott Gordon of the Islanders. I was surprised by Scott Gordon; but I'm gonna go with Burkie's decisions.

The draft went pretty much as planned; but a few surprises did come up and one of my boys was one of them. Cameron Abney, who wasn't even drafted in the bantam draft, was picked by KLowe and the boys in Edmonton; and as much as I love Cam, this one sort of blew me away. We did have another boy picked and that was Byron Froese who was selected by the Blackhawks in round 4. I think his play will work well there; and he'll have a friend there too in former Tip Kyle Beach. Two more of the boys are rumored to have invites to NHL camps, which is so great since I was sure they would have been drafted. Byron's linemates Kellan Tochkin and Tyler Maxwell are supposedly going to the Canucks and Kings rookie camps respectively; and I'm so proud of all four of the guys. And Lisa is very excited about BabyParm, aka Landon Ferraro, being selected by the Wings. She's a Wings fan and we both really like his dad Ray.

And I'm really hoping that my favorite Dutchman that is still playing, Jay Bouwmeester, won't be signing in Calgary; but if he does, one good thing that would come from that would be my Vancouver boys play the Flames several times a season more than the Panthers do. Oh, and I'm not happy about Pronger leaving the Ducks; but at I am very happy about getting Joffrey Lupul back as well as Luca Sbisa into the fold.

Anyway, I have to get something done with my actual job; so here is today's boy of the day. He is the captain of the Phoenix Coyotes and is a big favorite of the staff here at CaP. We call him the Doaner... Shane Doan!

No comments: