Saturday, May 30, 2009

Game one o rama

Well it begins. Pens v Wings. I think I might have mentioned this but for the first time I don't feel all stressed out over the outcome of this series. I'll be happy with either team winning. That's something new for me.

There are compelling stories on both sides: Ozzie being sent home in the season to 'find his game' only to be 4 games from back to back cups. That guy who was on Pittsburgh's team is now on the Wings team (I don't mention his name only because I am sick to DEATH of hearing about it). Babcock and Sykora being in Anaheim together. Sid in an ad saying "I never want to be in this picture again" and playing like he will uphold that statement. Lots of things to root for.

So I will sit back, have dinner and put on the two hours of pregame hype on NHL Network. And breathe easy because I know that which ever captain hoists that cup over his head, I will be happy for him and his team.

No comments: