Wednesday, June 17, 2009

a new found respect for Brian Burke

I was listening to NHL Live and Brian Burke was on chatting up the hosts (Billy Jaffe...yum!) and the question was posed about Dany Heatley - would the Leafs be interested in that.

Burke said (and I'm paraphrasing here) but there was a right way and a wrong way to request a trade. Once a player comes to him with that request, he'll get the job done. But when you handicap your team by going public, then you are just screwing yourself. Burke went on to say that if he hears about a player wanting to be traded out side a private conversation with that player, he'll do his best to keep him on the team as long as he can in an almost punishment treatment.

Burke has no interest in that whole mess. Good on him. Bottom line, at least one GM has the balls to say what Heatley does is bullshit.

Oh I also finally have my copy of Searching for Bobby Orr. I will start reading tomorrow.

No comments: