Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Call to the Hall v Assery in Ottawa

To the surprise of no one who follows the game, Steve Yzerman was voted in to the Hockey Hall of Fame yesterday. Stevie ranks sixth all-time in points with 1,755, won the Stanley Cup three times and a gold medal with Canada in the 2002 Olympics. While he never won the Hart, he won the Conn Smythe Trophy, Pearson Award, the Selke Trophy and a Masterton Trophy. He was an All Star 10 times and on the All-rookie team. He had 50 goal seasons 5 times and holds Red Wings season records for goals, assists, and point totals. Also going into the Hall are part time teammates are Hull and Robitaille and never teammate Brian Leetch. Contrats to Stevie :)

Dany Heatley. Must you give me more reasons to flat out mock you? Haven't you given me enough? Now there is a list. A list of teams you'd agree to be traded. Why do I have this picture in my head of some Barbie girl saying no to the math nerd when he asks her to go to prom but then she gives him a list of the football quarterback, the class president, and the really cool stoner dude and instructs math nerd to find her a date with one of them? If you ask for a trade and you have a no trade clause in place, shouldn't that, by definition, make the no trade clause null and void? If I were Bryan Murray, I'd be calling places like Tampa, Phoenix and Atlanta to ship his ass to.

A huge shout out to my Chica who says "she feels like she's been hit by a truck" Feel better bebe!

The draft is this weekend and I still don't know who the Islanders will pick.

1 comment:

Sooska said...

LOL I feel the same damn way. I dislike Heatley in just about every way possible. Tampa Bay, what with feuding ownership and all. Got to be a great season coming up.