Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Round one recap

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not over yet but close enough for government work and hand grenades.

Starting in the East:
Boston v Montreal. Wow, talk about manhandled? Montreal didn't even make this one close. Boston win in 4

Washington v Rangers. I hoped for a long bloody 7 game series. A little less blood for my liking, but it's going 7 at least. I thought the Craps coach had lost his mind when he replaces Jose, but that just goes to you why I'm not a coach.

New Jersey v Carolina. I think both Amy and I said this could go either way; sure enough, game 7 is also tonight.

Pittsburgh v Philly. Ha. Oh, sorry. I was worried after the Pens game 5 beat down and game 6 start going down 3-0, but they turned it around with a fight from Superstar Max Talbot. Nice work Max. Pens win this one in 6.

This little tidbit from one of the Pittsburgh papers about Sid made me laugh a bit.

"They hate him here," Penguins winger Pascal Dupuis said. "I mean, they really hate him — chanting that he (stinks) every time he's on the ice, and even when he's not.

"They started it during ('God Bless America') today, and I kept thinking, 'Keep going, keep it up and make him want this even more.'


Will the Flyers fans ever learn?

Things are a little more settled in the wild wild west.

San Jose v Anaheim. Holy upset, Batman (well except Amy called it). Not only does this kill my hockey brackets, it's gotta be hard for Detroit favorite Todd McLellan, but Anaheim just wanted it more. Hiller has officially stolen the job from Jiggy (and when ever I hear his name, I think I'm hearing Miller; so when they both play, it's nuts). Ducks win in 6.

Detroit v Columbus. This was a hard series for me to watch. As much as I love the Wings, I wanted Columbus to show up a little more than they did. Game 4 was great for them and their fans, but much like the Boston series, it wasn't even close. Wings win in 4.

Vancouver v Blues. This was also a sweep for the good boys north of the border. Amy and I talked about this, wondering if the Blues had to push so hard at the end of the season just to get into the playoffs, they were gassed in the end. Good on them though for bringing back the post season to a starved fan base. Nucks win in 4.

Chicago v Calgary. This one started out ugly and didn't disappoint! As much as it pains me to say this, I'm glad Chicago won. (I might have lost my pass to Wings Heaven for that one). There is just something I don't like about Calgary. Amy would say it's the coach but I think there is something else. Chicago takes it in 6.

We got some right and some wrong. We're not perfect :D But there has been some really good hockey played so we're all winners. Ok, end the super cheese section of the entry.

The bracket is almost set for round two and after tonight, we'll know who plays where.

Until next time, happy hockey.

1 comment:

TheNWChica said...

Go Ducks!!!! Wooooooooooooo! ;)

And I think you're okay with Wings heaven, as you are a high priestess to the Temple of the Stevie. :D