Thursday, April 30, 2009

Loser! Loser! Best baby in the WORLD!

Yes, it's a lovely day here at Chukker Central. Not only is it sun shining here in the great NW, but Round Two of the playoffs starts tonight with a battle of Bobby Lu and his Canucks versus Johnny Dakota and the Blackhawks.

As we did in the first round, Lisa and I have taken it upon ourselves to give our separate predictions, as we have a few differences of opinion. :)

Lisa's predictions:
Alright here we go. Round two of the big boys starts tonight with just one game on the docket but it could be the start of a very rough and tumble fight night sort of series.

Since it’s the game tonight and Amy’s favorite team, we’ll start in the West with the new second seed.

Vancouver v Chicago: Remember about a month or so ago when these two teams met in Chicago and it melted into a slug fest? These two teams really don’t like each other. It could come down to a battle of hot goaltenders. I think Vancouver will pull this one off in 6.

Detroit v Anaheim: Amy and I are gonna not hold our picks in this one against each other. Detroit will be rested (hopefully not rusty) and Anaheim had a long series against a good team (who granted, mailed a lot of that series in). I’m hoping Detroit doesn’t look past this round as they have been known to do, but I’m taking ‘em in 7.

In the east we’ve got two other series that should have some great hockey. I say should because you never know right?

Boston v Carolina: I’m tempted to pick Carolina just so the “Did you know that the Staals are brothers?” drinking game can stay alive (yeah, that’s a hint for the second pairing) but I don’t think the Canes can do it two rounds in a row. The Bruins have too many weapons to toss at you. You want a high scoring game, ok, the Bs can do that. You want a grinder? They can do that too. You get past the D? Hi there Mr. Thomas. Bruins in 5.

Washington D. C. v Pittsburgh: I wanna say Pens in 4 but I’m a realist. The Craps have a good team and a hot goaltender. But I think the Pens will pull this one out in 6 again.

And what so I say?

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston v Carolina: She pretty much said what I would say... Bruins in 5.

Washington D. C. v Pittsburgh: I hope that the Rangers wore out the Craps out; but they're young so I'm sure they'll bounce back. It's not going to quite as physical as the series with Philly; but there are going to be a lot of bumps, bruises and hopefully some free candy given out. :) Pens in 6.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Detroit v Anaheim: It's a good thing we love each other because inevitably our two teams meet and it's really hard to talk hockey to each other when they do. So, what do I say? I know that you can never ever take the Wings lightly, but the series they had two years ago was a doozy. I'm going to have to go with my gut again as well as my heart and hold tight to my Ducks after the major jobbing they laid on the Sharks.... Ducks in 7.

Vancouver v Chicago: I think the Blackhawks have a lot of weapons that people forget about and they're going to match much better with the Canucks than with the Flames; but then the Canucks have all of their weapons on board unlike the boys from Alberta. It's gonna be a slugfest and I'm going to love every minute of it! I agree with Lisa about this one... Canucks in 6

And there is also some good stuff found on the web the last few days:

Lisa sent this clip with our good pal Cabbie on the street...


A fun piece about Sid in Rimouski that I stumbled upon this morning. The video and sound don't quite match up, but it's good anyway; and a big CaP favorite in Monsieur Lecavalier has a guest spot in here too...



And for those of you who are not able to see television from Canuckistan, I have some great commercials that you may or may not have seen...

First are the Molson Canadian hockey ads. I love love love the goalie with the Cheetos!...







and finally, the fabulous Mr. Bobby Orr and his Mastercard ad...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I have seen one of the ads... you think hockey tape can fix anything. ;) Thanks for posting the rest!