Monday, April 6, 2009

MVP?

There has been a lot of talk around the league regarding the MVP. Ovechkin or Malkin? They seem to be the front runners right now. But I have another name to toss into the mix: Steve Mason, goalie for the Blue Jackets.

Hear me out - he leads the league in shutouts (ten shutouts backstopping the Jackets for crying out loud) and is a rookie. Watching him play on Sunday he was one turn over away from 11 shootouts. He's got a decent record, but what's more important to look at is how the team has done when he's not in net.

While I love Ricky and Rusty and the bunch, Steve has been their MVP and should, along with rookie of the year, get some serious looks come voting time.

But what do I know.

2 comments:

TheNWChica said...

So he's gonna get all greedy with the Calder, maybe the Vezina AND the MVP? lol Nah, I think he's done a great job!

Lisa said...

Man how cool would THAT be? :D