Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Coffee with 8 creams

I was in line at McDees this morning and the person in front of me ordered a small coffee with 8 creams. The first thing that came to mind as I read the still lingering order on the screen when I pulled up was that I read it wrong. Then I asked the order taker if the order was really 8 creams she smiled and rolled her eyes. "Yup, every morning. Eight creams."

Then I thought, "what is the point of that?" A little coffee with your milk there?

That's gotta be what the Colorado Avalanche must be thinking this morning after taking the Sharks to a scoreless shootout last night. They eventually lost but holding the Sharks to no regulation/OT goals this year has been pretty tough. But since the Avalanche are in the basement of the Western Conference, that point gained probably doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot.

I hate to say it, but I think it's time to stick a fork in the Buffaslugs. They are in 10th and four points behind the kitties (in 9th) and 6 points behind the 8th seed (Ranger$). They have three games left (Toronto, a suddenly very good Carolina [and speaking of them can SOMEONE throw a wrench at them? - Sorry Jenni] and then Boston) but I don't see them getting three points out of that let alone 6. And I've said it before, I think it might be best to not make the playoffs rather than get embarrassed in the first round. Sigh. But maybe Crunchy will be chosen for the Worlds, wonky ankle and all (and yes, that was my question on NHL Live the other day, thanks for noticing!)

Speaking of the Worlds, I'm also hoping Crunchy's bff JM Liles will also make the team for USA. I think that'd be swell. Ron Wilson said this is sort of a tune up for the Olympics. Granted, a lot of guys who will be in Vancouver will still be playing in the playoffs but I think Ronny can get a good feel for what's out there. I'm thinking he can get a pretty good team built up.

Easter is coming and my mom called wondering if I wanted a chaffing dish. It's not like I entertain all that much and hell, where would I put it? She's a card. But Easter also brings on the end of the NHL regular season. It will be sad for yet another year to end, but that just means the playoffs are close at hand. Keep an eye out for Amy and my fearless and (and at least on my part) clueless playoff predictions. Hey you never know, I came in 3rd in a basketball pool and I don't even like that sport!

Until next time....happy hockey!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Surely JML will make the team USA roster, right? All of my favorite defenseman in the west seem to be Americans... so I'm hoping Tom Gilbert and Matt Greene make the cut, too. Matt has played the last two years I believe, so I'd guess he's in? And Tom played last year. It's not like there's as much competition for our home-country boys... oooh... I wonder if baby Pen Alex Goligoski could make the team, too... probably not as long as the Big Pens are in the playoff hunt...

Lisa said...

I would hope so - I mean it's not like Colorado needs him! They could use some speed I'd think. Greene and Gilbert should be there too...I don't know about Gogo because like you said as long as the big pens are in, I'd think he'll be up as a 'just in case' thing.

and Hi! Welcome welcome!!

TheNWChica said...

8 creams? Eeesh!

Paula kills me sometimes! ;)

And I agree about Gogo...he's probably on the short list of folks to come up as well as WB/S are still in it too I think.

Lisa said...

I know - blech. Just get a small milk at that point. It would probably be better for you.

Welcome to my world. I can see her standing in Macy's on her cell phone with me debating on if we need a damn chaffing dish.

I hope he's in Pittsburgh, even if it's to see how it's done. :D

Jenni said...

I read y'all's posts all the time... just never "here"... just through a feed on LJ. I'm going to try and start commenting more. :)

And both Pens teams are in the playoffs, so I think Gogo will be occupied somewhere... hopefully with the big team. :D

Lisa said...

Well I'm glad you are commenting here! :)

I wish him lots of luck!