Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Well look who finally showed up!

Good afternoon campers. In case you are new to the blog or just plum forgot, I am Amy. I am also known as the NW Chica as I am up here in the NW corner of the country. You know... the place where nothing is ever live except the Superbowl and the Oscars. ;)

So what's going on out here in Hooterville? Well, my beloved baby boys have had a very rough season; and as of last week, it got even rougher. The Tips started the season 4-0 and then for some unknown reason, they just went Sybil. Some nights they could beat the world, then others seemed like no one gave a shit and they were just killing time until the party that night. So, here we are in the last week of January with an 18-22-3-4 record, which is good for 43 points and last in the Western Conference. Add to that our second leading scorer along with one of the top 4 D-men were traded a few weeks ago as well as our head coach was out for most of the season after having to have open heart surgery. Oh, and in case that wasn't enough, our captain Landon Ferraro, aka Parm Junior and a Wang prospect, has a sports hernia and will be out until the beginning of March at the earliest. Yay! *sighs*

Anyway... I hope that the All Star Break gives everyone a good rest because my pro teams are doing pretty well, especially the boys to the north. I am pleasantly surprised but cautiously optimistic about the way that the Canucks have played this season. This is because I've been a fan for over 20 years and have seen them have delusions of grandeur then get kicked in the nards when they either implode the last two weeks of the season or get destroyed in the 1st or 2nd round. I wasn't around for the 1st Cup run in '82, but I was for '94; and this year's team has shades of that one which has me excited and guarded at the same time.

So, since this has turned out shorter than expected since I seem to have gone into brain freeze, I will leave you. However, tomorrow, I'm hoping to get started a feature that I wanted to do before, but it never really came to fruition on a regular basis. It's called Boy of the Day and this will be something that I hope to post every day. It's not only to get to know more of the lesser known employees of the National Hockey League, but to show our appreciation of the male form. I know we might have some male readers; but hey... this page is run by three women. We're gonna look at the players that play this game too. ;9 If you have some suggestions on who YOU would like to see, please leave a comment.

Have a great day everyone, and happy hockey!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Holy crap world! Amy's back!

And so long as the Nucks don't start planning parade routes, you should be okay. Since the Avs won't be doing much.

And here goes boy of the day suggestiions: Liles, Duchene, Toews, J. Staal, Shattenkirk, Ryan O'Reilly. Yes, I'm aware they are mostly Avs.

TheNWChica said...

I know, right? :)

Don't know if the bandwagon fans up there have been; but I know I will not be planning anything until 0:00 shows on the board for the 4th win.

That is a very nice list... keep me busy for a week or so; but Captain Serious? lol

Lireda said...

Welcome back Toots.

I embrace my inner puckbunny because I can back my shit up. :)

Suggestions: Grinders, Captain Ding Dong, Crunchy and or Goose, Bing, Footer.

Megan said...

Fine, when we get to the Cptn Srs Bzns BotD post, I'll help you out with it. Deal?

And I agree with Lisa. I can embrace my inner puck bunny because I know my shit and have no problems throwing it out there when I need/want/have to