Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Here we go again, the brain, the all stars, and Dmen in the box scores

It's not that I dislike the guy but when is Marc Savard going to call it quits. Yes, the Bruins have experience with a guy coming back after a lengthy absence with concussions then getting another one and not being out nearly as long (Hi there Mr. Bergeron). But really, this is getting sad. I watched two Bruin games (not by choice, they were playing teams I wanted to see) and saw Savard go down in both of them, awkwardly against the boards. Now, even the AWAY announcers audibly winced. When you hear a guy like Sidney Crosby who is experiencing his first concussion having trouble watching tv... multiple concussions can't be a good thing. Lets face it, we don't know a lot about the brain. Why is Marc Savard pushing it?

Crosby has pulled out of the all star weekend. Good on him I say. Sure in Montreal, he showed up injured but it was a knee injury. You can't tell me that the all star weekend festivities are anywhere to recover from a concussion. It won't be quiet, it won't be soft, it won't be calm. I'm glad he (or someone who handles him) is taking the smart road here.... I generously offer my place for him to rest the weekend away. When the dog isn't barking, it's damn near bucolic. And if the dog does bark, he's afraid of the squirt bottle.

I will not be watching the all star game this weekend. No, not just because I don't have tv but I'm highly disappointed in it. Look, I get that the league is trying to show the world there are other players in the league but to not have a single player who the FANS voted in be in the captain/alternate capacity is, to me, a slap in the face. I understand Lidstrom and E. Staal but to name a guy like "Twenty Cent" Kane over Towes doesn't make any sense. Not only is Toews statistically a better player on the Hawks, the fans voted him as a 'starter'. God I can't believe I'm defending a blackhawk. I blame Megan. Totally blame her.

I've decided I need to watch the Avs v Blues game last night. Three of my favorite D men got in on the scoring. And you know how I love it when the D score.

Also, Kevin? Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday. It really meant a lot.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are Welcome, young Lady....

TheNWChica said...

I think that a weekend with you and Max, along with some Olga's, sounds like a really good weekend. ;)

I too am glad that Bing decided to stay home this weekend. Watching his interview from yesterday though was a tad amusing... he's got cabin fever so badly and he's starting to freak out because of this. It's like a dog with a cone on. lol

And I think Mrs. Savard needs to really weigh in on the next course of action her hubby takes...I hope she does.

Megan said...

I will take full credit for your Jonathan Toews love. *snickers*

And you're right. It's a travishamockery that Kane is an alternate over Toews. Although, my bigger WTF moment came when I heard about Mike Green. Seriously? Had to be the Vespa ...

Lireda said...

@Kevin - who you calling a Lady?

@Chica - I'm game when you are Toots :)

@Megan - and add insult to injury? Stas? Really?

Megan said...

Hey, you said it yourself, if you are forced at gunpoint to pick one, you GOTTA pick Jordan! And I'm blaming 24/7 for it …