Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Guardian Project

What bastard was on drugs for this? I get that Stan Lee is a comic icon but not only is the idea terrible but the guardians are rehash of crap I've seen (and trust me, I'm not that big of a comic reader). The Olier? Spewing oil at bad guys? The Saber? He can manipulate water.... and is a "product of a hydroelectric experiment gone awry." I can't tell what offends me the most - that the NHL thinks this will draw in fans (regardless of how the oh, I don't know CURRENT fans think this blows) or that they paid Stan Lee a crap ton of money to be a laughing stock of the professional leagues. Personally, I like these guardians better.


It makes me sorta sad that it's come to this. And don't even get me started on the new all star format.

Oh yeah, there was hockey last night too. Pens won (their first without Captain Sid; and Flower is a rock star; pose all you want buddy after a win like that); Avalanche sucked against the Hawks; the Craps lost (always a good day); And St. Loo continues their free fall as they travel the west coast.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I keep asking when this Guardian Project thing is gonna be over but no one can tell me.

TheNWChica said...

I don't know when the project is over but it's dumb.

And the Boos/Ducks game was really really good....lots of PIM and BabyBobby got a hatty. :)

Lireda said...

There are gonna be thirty of 'em and I hope it ends at the All Star game. Grr.

Megan said...

God, I can't wait to see what the Avalanche's guardian is going to be.