Sunday, December 27, 2009

Flu induced rambling

Had a great Christmas and then got the gift that keeps giving - the flu. I wanna cry I feel so blechy.

Is there some rule that there has to be balance in the NHL? For ever team like the Leafs for the Sabres, there has to be a team like Ottawa that they can't beat? At least the slugs took a point out of it. But then they managed to lose Derek Roy as well. Not sure it's a trade off they want to make.

Here's a team I just can't figure out: Colorado Avalanche. They are doing it with smoke and mirrors (and timely goal tending). I'm pleased they won on Adam Deadmarsh night.

Holy cow, Russia's Olympic team is downright scary. That is until you see Max A on the team.

Wow, I just checked the schedule - and there are more than two games tonight. I hate this new NHL schedule. It seems like everyone plays on Saturday leaving dud games (or worse, no games) on Sunday.

I think a lot of sports fans often wonder why sports. I mean why watch over paid people play a game for a living? But then I read something like this over on Goose's Roost and I remember. Go check it out please (there is a link in the above post); it's an excellent read.

I had more to say but it will have to wait as I need to go back to bed. Did I mention having the flu? AND I ever got a flu shot.

No comments: