Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Brian Burke is everywhere"

That lovely tidbit comes from Chucker favorite Ryan Miller when asked if he was on top of his game in Toronto to make an impression. Really, does he have to perform well in Toronto to make an impression? Just look at the stats.

Plus he's a really good guy. In that game, Miller cleared the puck away and it ended up going through a hole in the glass cut out for photographers. Now this isn't a really big hole but he managed it not only get it through the hole, but smack the photographer in the cheek. OUCH!

But being the good guy that he is, he went over to see if the guy was ok at first and then at the end of the game, he gave the photographer his stick. Hey Ryan, I'll take a clearing attemtp in the face if I can get a stick out of it!

Then again, he probably felt pretty shitty for almost banging up the camera (being a photography guy himself).

I'll have more hockey stuff tomorrow because once again, the league scheduled everyone and their brother for games tonight and like no one I care about is playing tomorrow. And probably a run down of the latest rash of injuries.

Oh and if you are so inclined (and this really doesn't matter if you hate the leafs or not) but say a word for Jonas Gustavsson as he'll have more surgery for his ticker.

In a not hockey related note. Yesterday I went and was tested for bone marrow donation. It was easy to do and you know if I can maybe try to help save a life, it's worth it. But as part of my signing up, the information I got about what more can I do said I should encourage my friends to also sign up. So that's what I'm doing. Please consider becoming part of the bone marrow registry. You can get more information here at be the match.org. You never know until you try.

2 comments:

TheNWChica said...

Go Team Crunchy!!!

Lisa said...

Let's go Crunchy...
*clap clap clap clap clap*
:)