Monday, January 11, 2010

The kids and the gold

Way back in 1980, I was a 9 year old when the winter olympics took place. I was spending the night at Amy Johnston's house and her dad called us down to watch the US hockey game against Russia. It was a taped delay showing of the game that happened earlier but we didn't know (or probably would have cared). We were just two young girls seeing the home team win. We didn't know the sociatial or political ramifications of the win... we just hopped around the house cheering "USA!"

The other night I was aware that the World Junior Championship gold medal game was on but I watching a game on Center Ice. I turned it over at the start of the OT and stuck around. I fully admit that I'm not a follower of the junior boys like my counterpart here is but when it came to OT in the gold medal game, I was glued to the tv.

When the no-look shot went in for a goal and the US boys mobed each other, I felt like I was 9 again and I cheered with my dog "USA!" It was a thing to see.

Congratulations, boys. You done good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog you have here. I like reading sports blogs. You get more from them than the regular news. I can't take regular news anymore.

I have a couple of sports blogs myself. I know you probably haven't come across it because theres definitely over a million of us out there. I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Let me know if this is possible. Both my links are below my name. Until then, keep up the good work.

Jason
SportsSoundOff.net
SPORTSMONARCH.com

Lisa said...

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the comment - it's always nice to hear when someone finds us.

Lemme double check with my counterpart here about linking up but I don't think it should be a problem.

Thanks again!
Lisa

TheNWChica said...

Yes, I think we can do that. :)

Thanks for stopping by to see us Jason... we'll get your links up on our roll very shortly.

Amy